The way I could save it from rot away. Read more: www.villaskulcsesmas.blogspot.com

Thursday 31 December 2015

Tageswagen

Well, it is ready. I mean ready. I mean it’s out on the road. Roadworthy. I am not exaggerating, it’s drivable. It has its registration plate on the nose and the back and mingled in the crowd. Quietly. Just like any other car-shaped car.
All in all it was a short two months of work, organisation and patience. Rather short time I’d say. Its name is Captain Pirx after my memory of the ’80-s of different sci-fi TV soups.

The kids enjoy it the most. They perfectly fit in to the back seats supported by only a small topper, and when we took our first common route last week they have been screaming from the joy of sitting in something new, unusual, kind of cabriole if you want, where they do not need to squeeze in to that child seat what from they are not able to look around properly however very safe. Now the whole back seats are their territory and they are the queen there doing what they want. They love it and whenever I just through the question of who is willing to come with me to have a short or longer ride with it, there was no question mark. My wife also was a bit surprise that this old ugly something is really can run on regular road by showing up no hiccups or any braking down effect.

It is rather smooth to drive. I started using it daily since managed all the necessary things. The noise level is surprisingly low until the speed of 140. I did not try with more speed so far. From about 120 a bit more "murmur" comes from the V6 and it is not even disturbing. No ABS and you need to give a push to the brake pedal to slow down however it makes its job very firm and efficient. Acceleration is a joy in any gear. Slow or hard, it is no matter. It just likes to be kicked hard. The power steering works but still you feel the need of turning it. If only I could forget about the too tiny steering wheel. The straight running is like it was pulling on a rope. The driving seat is not a Volvo alike and feels undersized. It took me a week to move the back rest adjuster out from its position stack in since 28 year. Now it is a bit better. A worn brake light bulb must have been changed (muhaha!). The built in radio lacks of power. It will wait until spring I am afraid. Last weekend was sunny and I could make some pictures finally within optimal lighting conditions, by the way I am not an expert of this thing. Now I only need to drive...Happy New Year!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Give your feedback