The way I could save it from rot away. Read more: www.villaskulcsesmas.blogspot.com

Thursday 12 November 2015

Emission

Things went well today.
Just got home from work and on my way to the underground garage Adrian called me whether I have an emission document for the car. Here they call it as abgaswartung papier.
I was immediately curious about the development so I made my way to his werkstatt and brought the doc to him.

The car was standing in the door with idleing engine and Adrian told me that he was going to perform the exhaust emission control. Wow!!


I know it is not visible on the pic but the engine was running so smooth that it was not moving or shaking at all but only the v-belt was running around. Wonderful Japanese techique.
Driving belt changed. Spark plugs changed together with the engine oil. He also said that he filled up the gas tank in order to refresh the petrol for the test. After whatever years of standing in the mud and having old petrol in the tank it sound a good idea.


The down side of the petrol issue is that the petrol indicator does not show anything with full tank.
Adrian says that it needs to be done for the MFK. UPDATE: It is ok for now.
We also agreed that the gasfilter is to be changed too. It was changed not so long ago, I have got a bill of that from the prvious ovner, but better to have a new one.

However, the test result is promising. In idle speed it is 0.24%  CO
A stock engine is allowed to perform max 0.7%.
In higher, 2000 RPM it is even lower, 0.22%

In higher speed, 2500 RPM it is even lower, 0.22%
I can sit back and relax regarding the conditions of the engine, plus the abgaswartung is ticked.
Now I really need to receive the gas struts to the hood since that is the only thing I have not manged so far.

Just got a mail from the USPS that my parcel is moved and arrived somewhere to Florida. Wow, after 11 days it is done some hundreds of kms. Well done. Now only the rest 6000 or so is coming.

With warm water and oil the oil pressure is a little under the 2 kg/m2 in idle. Not bad.
Please recognise the Holy Nippon Quartz Clock as well.

By pressing the gas the engine accelerates explodingly and jumps up to the high RPM-s.
The last word for today:
Marvelous :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give your feedback